EXTAVIA is injected under the skin every other day using the EXTAVIA Auto-Injector II or by manual injection.
The recommended dose of EXTAVIA is 0.25 mg every other day. Your doctor may start you on a smaller dose of 0.0625 mg and increase your dosage gradually over a 6-week period to 0.25 mg.
A few important things to remember about taking EXTAVIA:
- Do not take EXTAVIA two days in a row
- Always use a new, unopened, vial of EXTAVIA and syringe for each injection. Throw away any open, unused medicine. Do not reuse any vials, syringes, or needles
- Change your injection site each time you inject EXTAVIA. This will help to lessen the chance of a serious skin reaction at the injection site
- Avoid injecting EXTAVIA into an area of skin that is sore, red, infected, or has other problems
If the idea of injecting yourself causes you some anxiety, you are certainly not alone. Many other people with MS feel the same way. Your doctor or nurse can show you the proper injection technique and help you feel at ease with each step of the process before you try injecting on your own. If you prefer, it's not uncommon to ask a close friend or family member to get training to be able to give you the injections.
YOUR EXTAVIA GO PROGRAM NAVIGATOR IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE
If you and your HCP decide that EXTAVIA is the right treatment for you, the EXTAVIA Go Program can help you learn how to properly administer your treatment with:
- One-on-one EXTAVIA injection training with a trained registered nurse, in the comfort of your home
- Over-the-phone support
- A step-by-step administration guide and helpful tips